Planning to start up your own clothing line? That is great news. Owning a clothing brand is very advantageous, as it can help you to redefine you and your uniqueness through your style and fashion. But if you want to survive the competitive market in the world of fashion, then popularizing your brand should be your first priority. And how can you do that? You can easily do it by using business name tags. But are you bored of those orthodox, way-too-formal name tags? Then we have a solution for that as well, and that is-Monograms! Yes, you saw it right. Monogram-printed clothing is not only chic and stylish, but can also act as your business name tag.
Why Use a Monogram?
A monogram is a pattern produced by combining two or more letters together to form one symbol. They usually consist of the initials of a person or a company, used as a logo. Monograms are mainly a variation of the first, middle and the last name of the individual or the company.
Monograms have made marks throughout history. They were previously used in coins as a symbol of aristocracy. And, during the Middle Ages, personal monograms were used by artisans as signatures. But in the present day, monograms act as a charming way of bringing luxury to your everyday life. They help you to tell a story about you.Modern day monograms comes in various styles, from classic to modern. Today, custom monogrammed scarves, apparels, bags, accessories, hats, hoodies, etc. can givean added touch of elegance and class to your sense of fashion.
The Basics About Monograms
While designing your monogram, the sky is the limit.There are no specific rules and regulations for doing so. But here are a few instructions that can make your designing easier:
- In the traditional 3-letter monogram, the last name initial is placed at the center with a large font, flanked by the first and middle initials in smaller
- The modern version of 3-letter monogram follows first, middle and last initials in order and in the same size
- The 2-letter monogram uses the first and last name initials
- The single-letter monogram only uses the last name initial
How to Create YOwn Monogram?
With numerous software available now, producing your own monogram is not much of a biggie. The following are some basic guidelines to help you get started:
- Preview the letters you are going to use in your monogram thoroughly if you want to download them from a website
- Open the Microsoft Word and type in the three letters that you want your monogram to consist
- With tons of fonts available, choose the right one for your monogram
- Make the second letter twice as big as the first and the third letter
- Play with color and make your monogram chic and attractive. But keep in mind the purpose you are using it for
- You can also download cool borders, calligraphy swashes, lines, labels, frames or other ornaments and add them to your monogram
So now you know that monogramming is another way of promoting your business, rather than using the conventional name tags. So wait no more and create your own monogram, if you want world class and elegant decorating alternatives for your clothes and apparel.